Friday, August 19, 2011

Pumpkin Mojito Recipe

           I love fall, mojitos, and pumpkins!!! So naturally when I saw a Pumpkin Mojito recipe my jaw immediately dropped and I fell in love. Straight from work I went to Two Bucks Liquor, taste tested about 5 different shots of alcohol, bought my rum and headed home to make my mojitos. They were - are - delicious, I am currently drinking it.

          For those of you who love all things pumpkin, here is the recipe!


Ingredients/Instruments:

  • 5 oz white rum - I chose Matusaiem Platino Rum - closest rum we could find that tastes like the rum Henry had in Cuba (yes Cuba, but that is for a later story)
  • 40 mint leaves
  • 4 Tbsp Pumpkin Butter - We could not find it in August so we used Pumpkin Pie Mix Spiced
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 8 oz Club Soda
  • Muddler
  • Mojito glasses
Serving Size: 2 nice, strong glass fulls

Directions:

Muddle mint leaves, sugar and lime juice. Add rum, pumpkin and club soda. Mix well, add ice, garnish with extra mint leaves and ENJOY!

The great thing about this is the perfect caramel like taste the brown sugar provides - the pumpkin appeals more to your sense of smell as you sip the drink, only lightly adding flavor without overpowering the original mojito flavor. And of course it gives it the fall orange color :-)

Variations:
  • add 2 extra Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Mix
  • Substitute Pumpkin Pie mix with Pumpkin pie liqueur (which usually isn't in season now during August, but can be specially ordered if you ask!) We will be trying this whenever it comes in. :-)
Have any fall cocktails you love? Feel free to share!! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo