Tuesday, April 2, 2013

17 Weeks

Wonderful milestone week!
Ok first note to make: I am going to TRY, key word try, to post my weekly posts on Wednesdays every week. My new week actually begins on Saturday/Sunday, however I wasn't able to post the week posts because the week had not fully happened. The pictures are taken on day one of the corresponding week. SO, although I am posting week 17 today, I am actually 18 weeks and 3 days. Get it? This way I can blog about the ENTIRE week experience. 

How far along? 17 Weeks

Total weight gain? 4 lbs total on the nose.

Maternity Clothes? Wearing the maternity leggings and belly belt this week. My bump seems to be sitting low, although the photo makes it look pretty round, in person it looks like a watermelon.

Stretch Marks? None.

Sleep: Sleep is great, until little Buddha wakes us up at 2 am and then 6 am. Preparing us for the baby I suppose?
Best moment this week: FEELING THE BABY MOVE! Also, finally finding a gray paint color for the nursery. If anyone is looking for a light gray that doesn't look purple/pink/blue - Dolphin Fin by Behr is GREAT!

Miss Anything? Take a wild guess.....ALCOHOL!

Movement: YES!! Day 1 of Week 17 I was sitting and talking with Henry's family and then it felt like someone poked/flicked me from the inside. I felt it 3 separate times.
Then later in the week I was laying in bed and it felt like subtle "popcorn" I guess. Like it was trying to turn around. So there would be a "tap tap tap"...a few seconds..."tap tap" in a different spot....a few seconds..."tap tap" in a different spot and so on. Then it was so quiet in the bedroom I could hear the swishing noise of the movements. Sounds cool right? Um no, the non-stop subtle movements and sounds lasting about 5 minutes starting giving me a mini-panic attack. haha. I have no idea why! It's like when someone lightly rubs your arm and it tickles, so you have to scratch it. Does this make any sense? HAHA Let's just say it felt crazy weird. I am ready for more powerful movements. LOL

Food cravings: Fruit. Fruit. Oh, and Fruit. Raspberries seem to be the fruit of the week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I had a bad day Tuesday. I had felt queasy all day long, went and had an amazing workout with my personal trainer, then as soon as I got home I projectile vomited everything I had eaten all day, all over the bathroom. More than you wanted to know, right?

Gender Prediction: Baby Boy actually. This is the first official week I started thinking it was a boy. Only two more weeks until we know for sure!!!!

Labor Signs: Too soon

Symptoms: Baby bump is the most obvious. Nausea. Hair growing like a weed. My nails have started growing quick too. I hate long nails! I rip, not bite, my nails because I can't stand how it feels when they begin to grow past the fingertip, it's this really annoying pressure feeling. *Crazy again?* More crying fits this week. Then the best of them all, baby movements!!!

Belly Button in or out? Innie

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I cried a few times this week, but EXTREMELY happy! I mean, how could I not be? I felt our little darling moving!

Looking forward to: Reveal Party and more baby movements!!!

Baby Names? Still have to be Henry the 3rd for a boy. The baby girl name seems to be settled on Adaleine, however torn between a middle name still.

Thoughts: Loving feeling this baby move! I wish I felt it more often, but it is usually only when I am laying down. Henry came rushing in the moment he heard I felt the baby and pressed his hand against my belly - of course it didn't move. Tuesday night we laid in bed together, he pressed his hand against my belly as I said, "Did you feel that? That? How about that?" There was one pretty good one that he thought he might have felt, but wasn't sure if he really did or his mind was making him think he did since he wanted to so badly. He laid his head on my belly and is pretty use to the noises my stomach makes because I have a crazy stomach that makes hilarious noises - he said he heard swishing noises, like running your hand through water, that he hadn't ever heard my stomach make before. I wish I could hear it!!!

Week 17 #Selfie from #Instagram. Follow Me!
When we finally found the perfect color, I turned around to see Henry had painted the two potential baby nicknames on the walls. <3






4 comments:

  1. Love this..as usual!! :) Go get you a stethoscope!! Then you can hear the baby noises too! ;) (My first thought before the stethoscope was for you to get two tin cans, poke a hole on each end, run a piece of string through both and put one tin can on your belly and the other to your ear, pulling the string tight so you could hear...then I thought, there's got to be a better way...LOL) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious that you mentioned the tin cans! Henry was using everything to try to hear the baby and actually contemplated creating the tin can with strings. I finally had to tell him no. HAHA

      Delete
  2. Found your blog on Pinterest looking for chalkboard inspiration! I'm a fellow Texas mommy-to-be, and just wanted to say you've got an adorable blog! Enjoy those soft, subtle movements because before long that baby will be a big mover!! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is an amazing source for inspiration! I am 19 weeks now and the movements have definitely become more pronounced - I can even see them OUTSIDE my belly. Too exciting! So glad you stopped by and congratulations on your soon-to-be bundle of joy!

      Delete

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo