Friday, August 23, 2013

34 Weeks


How far along? 34 Weeks 

Total weight gain? Up 31 lbs. I go in again Week 36 for another soon! I really wanted to stay below 30 lbs, but as we can see I have gone up one pound over and Coraline still has big growth spurts ahead...my dream seems to be squashed. :-[ They say at this point she is growing 30 grams a day!

Maternity Clothes? ASOS is my top #1 choice! The tops/tunics run true to your pre-pregnancy size. (Given you didn't let yourself go and blow up like a balloon - boob growth is accommodated for). I found that the pants are true to your current pregnant size. So if you measure your hips properly, use their size chart to order the proper pregnancy size. Yes this means you may order a 10/12/14. Grieve for a bit, then get over it. My next choices are The Gap/Old Navy. I have really only ordered tank tops from there and again, true to pre-pregnancy size. However, for 3rd trimester I recommend going up one size, the belly region can get tight. :-)

Stretch Marks?  The red marks are still on my butt! Good news, the red marks on my boob have vanished! Gone! Not even a slight sign that they were once even there. WHOOP! What is amazing is no stretch marks on my belly, none what-so-ever! 

Sleep:  Sleeping is WAY off. By 4 pm I am exhausted! I want to take a nap, but always talk myself out of it. By nighttime I am exhausted and feel like I should be able to pass right out, but don't. Major insomnia. I should probably just start giving in to the 4 pm nap. :-/ Either way I am EXTREMELY tired.

Best moment this week: Found out what position Coraline is in and Henry learned massage techniques from our Doula!

Miss Anything? Alcohol. It is hot and I want to enjoy the fun fruity alcoholic beverages everyone else is getting to enjoy. Jealous. 

Movement: She LOVES to move!! What's new? ha! Oh and hiccups! Those movements count, right?

Food cravings: Watermelon. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Textures are still making me sick. 

Gender RESULTS: BABY GIRL!!! My gut feeling was right all along! I absolutely can't wait to meet her!

Labor Signs: More and more contractions! 

Symptoms: 
Exhaustion! Absolutely exhausted.
Braxton Hicks! Yay.
Very small bladder...very. small.
Baby hiccups
If I don't take my prenatal vitamin at night, my legs get extremely antsy! It feels like I need to go running they get so antsy. However, if I take my pre-natal within 30 minutes they chill out. I read that it has to do with the iron. Either way, it works.
Movements have changed from individual movements to feeling simultaneous movements in two different spots. Like I will feel something toward my right side up by my ribs, and at the same time another movement on the left side of my belly button. It's the weirdest, yet most wonderful feeling in the world.
Disappearing belly button, baby bump, nails and hair growing like weeds, baby movements (the best!) and my boobs have drastically increased.
Occasional swelling of my feet and hands. Especially my right foot. 

Belly Button in or out? My belly button is officially FLAT. No innie, no outtie. 

Wedding rings on or off? Both rings have moved to my pinkie fingers. I had a scare with my Aggie ring and just decided to keep them both there. Juuuust in case. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Happy!

Looking forward to: Finishing out the nursery and getting back into our house from the tornado!

Baby Name? Coraline! I love the name!! See WEEK 21 for name details. <3

Thoughts: I have mentioned before that I am planning a natural child birth but in a hospital. I can not stress to you how grateful I am that we have hired a Doula for the process. I have read and been told on countless occasions to hire a doula for a natural birth, but ESPECIALLY if you plan to natural birth in a hospital. No matter which way we choose to birth, I am beyond happy that we hired Jenni. She actually came to our Birth Boot Camp class this week and taught all the Hubby's a few massage techniques for the aching Mommies. Boy are they FABULOUS! Henry really picked up on what she taught and has been doing wonderful at home. We, or I, particularly like a thing called "Rebozo" or "Sifting". It lifts the baby's weight off my back and accommodates Coraline to be in a better position. We learned right now she is in the LOT position. AKA - Her head is down, facing my right side, back side is on my left side, which is why I feel her little feet on the upper right side of my ribs/torso. LOA - where she is head down, facing my spine is the optimal position, but LOT is the 2nd best. Go little Coraline! 

About the Board:
We themed the board around her nautical name and nautical room. :-) Like my attempted seahorsies?
She is roughly 5 lbs and the size of a small pumpkin. I really need to take a step back, I didn't realize my usual spot is starting to interfere with the board. Oopsie!

Pregnancy/Maternity Fashion: 
Dress is from Motherhood Maternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo