Monday, August 26, 2013

37 Weeks

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


How far along? 37 Weeks 

Total weight gain? Up 33 lbs. I am going in weekly so we will see how the weight gain continues until Little Coraline decides to make her debut.

Maternity Clothes? ASOS is my top #1 choice! The tops/tunics run true to your pre-pregnancy size. (Given you didn't let yourself go and blow up like a balloon - boob growth is accommodated for). I found that the pants are true to your current pregnant size. So if you measure your hips properly, use their size chart to order the proper pregnancy size. Yes this means you may order a 10/12/14. Grieve for a bit, then get over it.
My next choices are The Gap/Old Navy. I have really only ordered tank tops from there and again, true to pre-pregnancy size. However, for 3rd trimester I recommend going up one size, the belly region can get tight. :-) 

Stretch Marks?  The red marks are still on my butt! What is amazing is no stretch marks on my belly, none what-so-ever! I know they say it is mostly genetics, but I will just let you know that I refuse to scratch my belly at all. On top of not scratching, I use Jergens lotion with Vitamin E oil and Aloe religiously. Anything with Vitamin E oil is suppose to be great for your skin regardless, so why not? So far so good. Just wish I would've considered butt stretch marks, or "red marks". 

Sleep: Sleep is better this week, I am still tired, but definitely got a "second wind" to help get all those baby gifts un-packed and put away.  The only thing is she is really getting up in my ribs. It gives me anxiety because I am afraid she is going to dislocate a rib or something. haha

Best moment this week: Getting the nursery 90% finished!!! Just waiting on the crib bedding to be delivered :-)

Miss Anything? Wearing my cowgirl boots! It is August, my favorite time of year is just around the corner and I miss wearing my cowgirl boots and cute fall clothes more than anything. It really sucks being prego in the summer (excluding this summer. I was extremely blessed with a mild Texas summer, but I know I wouldn't get this lucky a second time.) The only bonus with being prego in the summer, come fall you don't have to worry about fitting into pre-pregnancy cute shorts and pants right away - It is totally fashionable to rock the leggings, tunics and boots to give you more room while you drop the mommy weight. :-]

Movement: Her movements are up in my ribs now. Before they would be close to my ribs and I could push her little feet away, now they actually glide up UNDER my ribs where I can't reach, for obvious reasons. She has dropped a bit lower this week. I went to work out for the first time since week 28 and she dropped painfully low afterward. I have woken up feeling crampy from her in the middle of the night. I can feel her little hands move around my belly button and hip bones too. 

Food cravings: Watermelon. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Textures are still making me sick. 

Gender RESULTS: BABY GIRL!!! My gut feeling was right all along! I absolutely can't wait to meet her!

Labor Signs: More and more contractions! 

Symptoms: 
Hands and Feet hurt REALLY bad. Especially my knuckles. They ache and almost feel like bruises to open and close my fingers. It is worse when I wake up first thing, but they get better during the day. I don't know if I am just clenching my fists or something in my sleep, but regardless. THEY HURT!
Ligament spasms? They are super loose in my groin area and sometimes spasm or cramp as I am walking. It feels hella weird and kind of unpleasant.
Braxton Hicks! Yay.
Very small bladder...very. small.
Baby hiccups
If I don't take my prenatal vitamin at night, my legs get extremely antsy! It feels like I need to go running they get so antsy. However, if I take my pre-natal within 30 minutes they chill out. I read that it has to do with the iron. Either way, it works.
Movements have changed from individual movements to feeling simultaneous movements in two different spots. Like I will feel something toward my right side up by my ribs, and at the same time another movement on the left side of my belly button. It's the weirdest, yet most wonderful feeling in the world.
Disappearing belly button, baby bump, nails and hair growing like weeds, baby movements (the best!) and my boobs have drastically increased.
Occasional swelling of my feet and hands. Especially my right foot. 

Belly Button in or out? My belly button is officially FLAT. No innie, no outtie. 

Wedding rings on or off? I have moved my wedding ring to my right pinkie and taken my Aggie Ring off for safe keeping. We went out to dinner with friends, I was talking with my hands, as usual, and my Aggie Ring went flying! I almost had a heart attack. It is too tight to fit on the correct finger, but too heavy to properly hold on my pinkie. It makes me sad not to wear it. :-[

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Happy!

Looking forward to: Meeting our Little Lady!!! We absolutely love her so much and both of us can not wait to hold her!

Baby Name? Coraline! I love the name!! See WEEK 21 for name details. <3

Thoughts: This week Taylor and I went on the hunt for a china cabinet or entertainment stand for tax free weekend. We didn't find either that Henry and I both would love, but we did find an amazing chair for the nursery! We were suppose to receive one, but it hasn't been delivered and with Coraline only 3 weeks away - the doctor saying she could be here any day, we really need a chair for those late nights and just can't keep waiting around. [I kept the 90 day return policy receipt though, just in case!]  We were wondering around and then stumbled upon this lovely reclining chair that matches her room beautifully. It doesn't glide or rock, which is a bummer, but it is super comfy and reclines! If anything, it would be a great accent piece to add to our living room set later down the road.

We were also able to use our gift cards from the showers and coupons from the mail to buy Coraline the baby monitor and swing. :-] All the big ticket items are officially DONE! 

About the Board:
I read this on a picture from somewhere, it didn't say who the quote was by, but I snapped a photo of the quote and had to use it! It is quite fitting, don't you think?

Pregnancy/Maternity Fashion: 
The top is a Long and Lean tank from Target. I am wearing a high/low skirt from a local boutique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo